We would like to welcome participation PhD candidates from exploration geology, mining engineering and manufacturing, on the one hand, material sciences on the other hand and economists to trained together in the interdisciplinary course.
CircPro combines theoretical studies with digital industry visits and practical problem solving, as well as training on entrepreneurship and innovation. The course is based on innovative elements including blended learning and constructivist methods. In course, PhD students will be given the opportunity to reflect and adjust their research to contribute to the transformation to a more resource efficient and circular utilization of primary and secondary raw materials. Further, via clear integration of entrepreneurial mindset, there is an opportunity for the contribution of the attendees of green growth in Europe.
The course includes 8 main contents:
- Circular economy
- Product design
- Metallurgy – ferrous
- Metallurgy – nonferrous
- Compliance, Social responsibility, legal aspects
- Industry 4.0
Since PhD students will come from different background (construction, material sciences, engineering, economy, among others), the course will be given modules on different knowledge levels.
VIRTUAL FIELD TRIP
A one-week digitalized company interactions with industry is planned. The PhD students are able to listen to presentations from several different companies within different parts of the value chain. The digitalized plan includes digital webinars and discussions with the same five companies/ research institutes.
FINAL WORKSHOP AND PRESENTATIONS
The final workshop and presentation of case studies will be taken place live on an online platform, hosted by Tallinn University of Technology between 3rd and 5th November 2021. The agenda includes:
WEDENSDAY 3RD NOVEMBER 2021
- Each group will present their case study report
- Entrepreneurship programs at Estonia and in EIT level
- STARTERtech Lecture
THURSDAY 4TH NOVEMBER 2021
- Inspirational speech at 09:00 by Cleantech Cluster from Tehnopol
- What to have in Pitch deck
- How to be good entrepreneur
- Funding opportunities for your Idea/Solution
- Video pitch recording
FRIDAY 5TH NOVEMBER 2021
- Final workshop at 09:00 – Pitching the solutions
- End at 14.00
- We would like to welcome participation PhD candidates from exploration geology, mining engineering and manufacturing, on the one hand, and material sciences on the other hand and economists to trained together in the interdisciplinary course.
- After the completion of the course, the students can receive 7.5 ECTS.
- In order to apply, please fill the registration form.
Where you describe your research and explain your motivation to be part of the selected persons who can be part of the course in Summer-Autumn 2021. Next time we run the course in 2022.
- Application deadline is 10th May 2021. The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we strongly encourage you to apply early.
- Tuition fee is 700 EUR – apply before May 10th, includes the course materials, digital industry visits, case study, certificate.
- RIS region discount of 30% will be integrated for the students from RIS universities
- Once you are accepted, tuition payment is due by 5th July 2021 to secure your spot