RACE 2022 is a two week challenge-based learning programme across the raw materials value chain in Europe. The RACE unites sustainability pioneers to connect, learn and innovate for the pressing raw materials challenges for a sustainable future. The success of Europe’s green and digital transition relies on reliable access to sustainable raw materials and advanced materials. Establishing a Circular Economy is more pressing than ever. Our main theme this year will be what supply security means for Europe. Through the RACE programme, participants can explore how Europe can secure raw materials supply for the energy transition. With the challenges, participants can work together to answer this question through innovation and entrepreunership.
During RACE 2022, you will have the unique opportunity to:
- Work and receive insights from the world’s leading experts from industry, academia and policy
- Experience the raw materials challenges and opportunities at global partners across the entire value chain
- Deepen your understanding of the circular economy and pressing raw materials challenges to make the future more sustainable
- Meet and exchange ideas with international peers
- Develop and pitch solutions to challenges in diverse and interdisciplinary teams
We will take you through the value chain including:
- Responsible Sourcing
- Sustainable Materials
- Circular Societies
What to expect?
- Expert talks from industry, academia, start-ups and business
- Study tours at partners facilities
- HR sessions
- Networking with global industry leaders and peers in different locations across Europe
- Finding solutions to real industry challenges
Innovate and win prizes!
RACE 2022 Awards:
The winning teams will have access to additional assistance and mentoring sessions by EIT RM coaches to further develop their ideas into start-up solutions!
1st Prize: Access to the EIT RM Jumpstarter programme and additional coaching hours
2nd and 3rd Prize: Coaching hours from an EIT RM Business Developer
To win the prizes:
- Teams will be invited to pitch in front of an Expert Jury at the Final Pitching Ceremony on the 2nd of September 2022.
- The Jury will then decide which are the top teams against criteria that will have been communicated to the teams.