Scale up your Start-up, win €6,000 and connect with European Innovators and Business.
Are you a start-up with an innovation for the raw materials sector? Apply to the Regional Innovation Competition 2022 to scale up, reach new markets and connect with a pan-European ecosystem! The Regional Innovation Competition is one of EIT RawMaterials business creation initiatives and is dedicated to supporting start-ups from Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS) countries.
The Regional Innovation Competition 2022 aims to provide established start-ups in the RIS region with:
- access to local EIT RawMaterials RIS start-up incubators
- access to local and pan-European ecosystems and markets
- coaching opportunities
- EIT RawMaterials Business Creation & Support programmes (RawMaterials Accelerator, Booster Call)
The Regional Innovation Competition is an innovation programme with exciting, customised workshops, coaching vouchers, and local support via RIS incubators. The competition will close with a final pitching competition and prize awards.
The Regional Innovation Competition is divided into three phases.
Submission of ideas
- To participate in the Regional Innovation Competition 2022, the applicants must present a full application on the predetermined online form. Submission deadline: 1 October 2022, 17:00 CET.
- The top start-ups will be selected to enter the next phase.
Final pitching and awards
After intensive training and coaching, start-ups will be invited to pitch their idea in front of a jury of the EIT RawMaterials team and external evaluators.
The top 3 start-ups will be awarded:
- 1st prize: €6,000
- 2nd prize: €2,500
- 3rd prize: €1,500
To be selected as a finalist, your solution should address a challenge in the innovation areas we support.
These innovation areas are known as the EIT RawMaterials Lighthouses and include:
- Circular Societies (new circular business models such as reuse, repair, remanufacturing, sharing economy).
- Sustainable Materials (materials for electrification such as batteries, fuel cells, magnets; materials for lightweight design including steels, non-ferrous alloys, composites, multimaterials).
- Responsible Sourcing of primary and secondary resources (innovative solutions based for example on artificial intelligence, machine learning, virtual reality etc.) for securing and processing strategic mineral resources in a sustainable and safe way and with a social license to operate.
- Deadline for applications: 1 October 2022, 17:00 CET
- Selection of start-ups and notification of decision: early October 2022
- Workshops and coaching vouchers: October-December 2022
- Final Award Ceremony: December 2022
- SMEs (according to the European Commission’s definitions) having innovation projects relevant to the prize topics defined above
- Start-up or spin-off companies at least registered at the time of the application
To learn more about the eligibility criteria, thematic scope and all the details of the EIT RawMaterials Regional Innovation Competition 2022, please refer to the document below: